Monday, October 20, 2008

Positive Day

Well today I took my cat, Tyler Durden, to the vet; he seems to have been having urinary tract problems. He seemed to be in pain and didn't move very much. He didn't eat, drink, or use the litter box. During the second day of this, I couldnt take it anymore: I decided to eat the big emergency fee and just say "fuck it". The older version of me would have bought into the "wait until the last minute" that I inherited from my father. Tyler might well have been dead from a ruptured bladder at that point and I'd have never forgiven myself.

He's chilling out at the vet, who is now monitoring him to make sure he can urinate on his own. They sedated him and used manual pressure to get him to urinate. Seems that I'm going to need the special food for him. I don't care though, I'm just glad he's alright.

Today I also finally figured out how to get Altera's software suite working on my computer (mostly). The software that comes with their DE2 board is OLD. I run Vista64 on my quad-core and if I need XP, I run a virtual machine.

I successfully was able to build/generate a NiosII chip/environment and can download and run programs on it. Next step is to get the MicroC/OS-II port to work with the development environment. School in 8 hours, so I'm going to bed.

No comments: